Two Dimensions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Dimensions

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

The Priestess & The Demon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yugo
Admin
Admin
Yugo

The Priestess & The Demon Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:16 am

ooc: bump??
Back to top Go down
Yugo
Admin
Admin
Yugo

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:02 am

"I dont wanna." Came Ryuu's reply as he turned over on his side so his back was facing Lea. He closed his eyes and reached behind him giving his ass a scratch. "You made me look like a fool in front of those humans. AND you hit me. Know your place, asshole." Ryuu grumbled. Meanwhile the wolves continued to draw in closer. The first to leap at her had already tested the level of fear swelling up inside her. It flowed off her body like sweet perfume.

The feral eyes of the alpha locked onto Lea's position. He let out a long dark growl before he rushed her and smashed his giant sized paws into her chest knocking her down easily. What came next was a swift bite aimed to the throat. His fangs had been blocked by her dagger tho. She'd be able to smell the putrid scent of his decaying breath. His massive head lunged down over and over trying to get at her neck. The others wolves joined in, all trying to get a piece of the young girl.

Ryuu let out a long yawn. He rolled onto his back stretched his muscled arms above his head once more. "Thats odd...I have the strangest taste for fish right now.." the dragon blinked.

It wasn't until he heard the sounds of the entire pack jumping ontop of Lea that he turned back around to face her. "God you're so useless..." Ryuu yawned, again. "Tell ya what. If you beg me, the mighty Ryuu-sama, king of the dragons and lord over mankind....I might consider saving your ass...your flat ass that is..." Ryu sighed and closed his eyes. The insults just kept on coming even if they had no base.
Back to top Go down
Barcell

Barcell

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Lea was pushed to the direct center of the clearing. She whipped her head around, looking for any escape whatsoever. She wasn't even close enough to grab ahold of a tree to climb up, or a ledge to slide down. She began searching through her satchel for any kind of weapon, finding only a small, tribal dagger.

How is this supposed to help me? Their fangs are bigger than the blade! she thought nervously. It didn't seem like a good end for the young priestess, especially after that familiar voice flooded both fear and relief into her. "Don't just lay there!" she shouted at him. One wolf nipped at the edge of her robe, managing to tear it. "It's not like you gave me your name, you know! Or, at least not that I remember.... Look, just help, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Yugo
Admin
Admin
Yugo

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:00 am

ooc: its cool

ic: Ryuu was no where to be seen. The entire area around the temple was quiet, almost too quiet. Suddenly, a series of low growls echoed out from behind the brush that surrounded the building. Several pairs of crimson eyes appeared completely surrounding the priestess. Out from the shadows emerged a pack of 8 ravenous wolves. The beasts had been attracted by the piercing white light that had shot through the forest just an hour ago.

They stared at Lea licking their lips. They're instinct to follow the source of the light had payed off. Slowly, they began to circle the priestess. The largest one, a wolf covered in a thick black pelt, gazed hungrily towards Lea. Drool began to flow down from his watering mouth.

"God you're loud..." came a familiar voice from high above in the tree tops. It was Ryuu! He was laying lazily on a tree branch with his body spread out. He turned slightly so he could see Lea and the wolves that were inching their way closer and closer. "Oh, and I have a name FYI. Ass..." he growled. The dragon shifted his gaze away from the priestess. He closed his eyes releasing a low yawn as he stretched his arms above his head. It didn't look like he had any intention on helping her.
Back to top Go down
Barcell

Barcell

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:17 am

OOC: I'm sorry for the delay. I live in CO, so things have hit pretty hard here.

IC:

Lea entered the temple at the elder's command. He was sitting in the center, his legs crossed and a serene look upon his face. As she drew closer, however, his eyebrows furrowed and his sharp, gray eyes opened to look at her. She stopped abruptly and bowed in respect.

"I am rather saddened by this turn of events, Priestess," the elder said softly. Slowly he lifted himself up, his old bones creaking in protest. "It is customary to kill those who have failed in the art of such an important ceremony, yet I am unable to do so."

Terror lit-up Lea's face, and she wanted desperately to speak, to voice her version of the story, yet she remained silent. Instead, she simply nodded her head and tried hard to swallow.

"However, things are far from simple," he continued. He circled around her, watching her speculatively. "I am granting you a rare mercy, Lea." She turned to face him, her palms beginning to sweat nervously. The elder drew in a sharp breath, holding it for a long moment before releasing it. "I am asking you to live this village behind."

"What?" Lea stared at him with wide eyes. "Leave my home? Elder, you aren't making--"

"Listen carefully, Priestess," he interrupted, his eyes turning stern, yet still holding a twinge of sympathy. "Should you remain, the other elder's will not bestow the same mercy as I have." He glanced toward the door to make sure they were still alone before turning back toward Lea. "Leaving this village--your home--is the only way to ensure your life. A way to redeem your name." The elder walked to her and placed his hands on either side of her shoulders, his gaze bearing into hers. "Leave this place. Redeem your name, Lea. Do not let this travesty of a demon destroy your future. It appears destiny has a much larger role for you in mind."

Just as she was about to protest, the door to the temple opened and an elderly woman emerged. Her blue eyes were red and puffy, her cheeks wet with tears. Without saying a word, she ran to Lea and threw her arms around the young priestess. "Oh, Lea..." she breathed. On her arm hung a large satchel. "I'm so sorry." She thrust the satchel into Lea's arms before retreating beside the elderly man, her hand reaching up to conceal her grief stricken face.

Lea's own eyes began to sting with tears, but quickly subsided. Now was not the right time to cry, she thought. Instead, she looked at the elderly couple ad nodded her head slowly. "Thank you, grandfather...grandmother."

- - - - -

By the time the rest of the elder's would have a chance to voice their opinions, Lea would be long gone. She had taken the satchel her grandmother prepared for her and headed off toward the temple Ryuu had appeared in. With any luck, he would still be around.... Unfortunately, it didn't seem likely he would be pleased to see her. In truth, her grandfather had been right. Destiny held a much larger role for her, and she intended to find out what exactly that was--but she needed Ryuu's help. He was, after all, involved whether he wanted to admit it or not.

As she entered the clearing, Lea looked around cautiously. The sun was setting over the horizon and the moon was beginning its steady descent into the night sky. "Demon-boy!" she called. "You around, still?"
Back to top Go down
Yugo
Admin
Admin
Yugo

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Ryuu's emerald eyes scanned the crowd. It was only a matter of seconds before fear spread throughout the crowd. A wide devilish grin formed on his lips. As some began to run he moved closer trying to scare off as many as he could. For him, this was only the tip of the ice berg. As soon as he could regain his powers he'd show the morals who had kept him sealed true terror! He wouldn't rest until every single villager was begging him for forgiveness, for which there would be none.

Just as his terror tactics were reaching their peak, Ryuu suddenly felt a sharp surge of pain run through his skull and all the way down his back. He dropped to his knees holding his head with both hands. "That fucking hurt!!!!!" he roared and looked up at Lea with teary eyes. The dragon slowly rubbed his head while glaring daggers up at the priestess. Then, he noticed it. The villagers were loosing their sense of fear. He had to do something, anything! Ryuu's body suddenly shot up from the ground. He cocked his head and inhaled till his chest doubled in chest. He was determined to show the villagers why he was to be feared. As he leaned forward, his jaws opened ready to release bright flames of crimson. However, the only thing that came out from Ryuu's mouth was a long puff of black smoke followed by a very long and disturbing belch.

Ryuu's cheeks darkened. How embarrassing! Had he really fallen so low that he could no longer breath fire? Little by little, the villagers began to loose interest. Ryuu slumped forward. How could he call himself a demon if he couldn't even scare a few old men and women? Suddenly, his eyes darted up towards Lea as she raised her dagger. "You're the SCREW UP here, not me! I've spent too long locked in that stupid temple. There was no way I'd stay there!!!!" He yelled right back after jumping up to meet her face. Ryuu could feel his right eye began to twitch with each passing second he spent talking with the priestess. Who was she to tell him where to go...or where not to go? "I'll follow if I want! You're the weak little mortal!!!!!" he bellowed.

Now with all the villagers gone Ryuu slowly shifted his gaze around him. He was alone. For generations loneliness had corrupted his very soul. It wasn't a sensation he wished to relive. Sighing deeply, he turned back towards the temple for a moment. He was free right? So..why did he still feel bound to the grounds?
Back to top Go down
Barcell

Barcell

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:26 am

As Lea's lips parted for her explanation, she stopped suddenly, realizing she had no explanation. "I don't really know," she admitted softly, well aware of the elder's stern gaze upon her. "I began the ceremony, but as I begun, a strange light appeared. Before I knew what was happening," she said, turning toward the entrance just as Ryuu emerged, "he was standing before me."

The elder peered around Lea, his eyes narrowing the second he saw Ryuu. For a moment, it didn't register until the demon's pupils stilted. A wave of panic rushed through him and he backed away, turning to Lea. "What have you done?" he demanded in a hiss. "How could you have..."

"It wasn't intentional!" Lea stated. She turned toward Ryuu and crossed her arms, attempting to appear more courageous than she actually felt. Why couldn't he have just stayed inside the temple? she thought glumly. And what does he mean 'screw up'!?

The villagers slowly backed away, some even taking off, likely to secure their homes. Yet despite such panic, Lea found herself unable to take the demon seriously. Not after his display of 'strength' inside the temple, anyway. She glared at him and slowly reached into her satchel, taking out a heavy, sheathed dagger. She raised it above her head, and then clonked Ryuu over the head with it. "Call me a screw up, will you!" she shouted angrily. "You can't do a single thing right now, you're so weak!"

At that moment, the villagers paused, looking at Ryuu. Their fear faded into caution as they listened to Lea's words, wondering whether to believe a woman who had messed up the ceremony. Then, they turned to the elder.

"Lea," the elder began, "I highly suggest you see the highest Elder immediately. There are matters to discuss about your future, young one." Lea swallowed hard and watched as her people disappeared from the clearing, leaving just her and the demon alone. In anger, she wheeled around to face Ryuu, the danger raised above her head. "Why did you have to go and screw things up, huh? Why couldn't you have just stayed inside the temple, or something?!" She began storming off toward the village, her stomach twisting into nervous knots. As she reached the clearing's edge, she turned around the face him again. "Oh, and don't follow me!" she warned, and stocked off to meet the highest Elder.

- - - - -

At the village, every single person avoided Lea as though she were the plague. She kept her eyes down toward the ground, her hand tightening around the strap of her satchel. Things didn't look good, and she felt they would only worsen.

The elder's temple sat on top a small hill that overlooked the village. The guards standing at the bottom stepped aside, allowing Lea to pass as she climbed steadily, glancing around for any sign of Ryuu. He'd probably just love to screw this up too... She only hoped the elder would bestow mercy upon her, but that all depended on whether that dreadful demon kept himself from making a scene.
Back to top Go down
Yugo
Admin
Admin
Yugo

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 pm

"More attractive? Screw you human!!!" Ryuu hissed out. He had lived for too long to start taking crap from some weak little girl. His emerald eyes narrowed sharply and followed her as she left. It wasn't until she was gone though that Ryuu began to ponder what his next move would be. Honestly, it was a strange sensation. He was free now so the first thing he should have done was leave the temple. He should have bolted at the earliest opportunity. There was something holding him back though, binding him even. Ryuu's eyes shifted back over to the statue. There was something about the woman's shape that made him want to stick around. The dragon lowered his head and ran his hands slowly over his face and through his long silver hair. He was more confused then ever now. "Wait a sec..." Ryuu thought, his eyes shifting over towards the entrance. He rose to his feet taking in a few whiffs of air. The girl was still close.

"Hey wench!" came the thundering sound of Ryuu's voice from inside the temple. His body emerged, but flinched when light from the sun struck him for the first time. He raised his hand to shield his gaze. It was hot...much hotter then what he remembered the weather being the last time he walked on the earth. It wasn't until Ryuu lowered his guard that he noticed the priestess was surrounded by her own kind. His green eyes turned ice cold and pupils formed narrow cat like slits.

"Well Well what do we have here??" Ryuu asked with a defiant grin. He took one step away from the temple followed by another. He could see the fear within the eyes of the people. He could taste it. "Long time no see assholes. I owe you all a great debt for locking me up for so long." he smirked and continued advancing closer and closer till he came to a foot in front of Lea. "Thanks to this screw up over here.." he smiled and pointed at Lea. "I can finally exact my revenge on ALL of you! Soooooo, who wants it first him?" Ryuu asked. His eyes shifted among the faces of the elders. Sure, his body was weak but there was no way the people could know that. He raised his hand and flexed dagger like claws. His eyes shot down towards Lea as he flashed a sadistic grin. "Maybe I should start with you hm? Shall I carve that hideous mug of yours into a face I could stand seeing?"
Back to top Go down
Barcell

Barcell

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:55 pm

With each word that came from Ryuu's mouth, Lea's anger seethed. Her eye twitched, hands clenched tightly into fists before... "I'm not good looking?" she inquired with a snort. "I'm the unlucky one. I thought demons were supposed to be the more attractive breed, yet you're not all that impressive.. All I've seen you do is whine, so even your personality needs works," she retorted and picked her bag up and stomped off toward the exit.

The mid-summer air hit her face like a heat wave, a slight breeze ruffling through the grass. She was so annoyed, she nearly forgot all about how she would explain this to her tribe. The ceremony failed and the demon was free, and though powerless at the moment.... She swallowed hard and glanced back at the temple, stopping in her tracks. Should I just leave him? If the elders find out he's alive, they'll likely kill him, she thought grimly. What else could she do? It wasn't like she had a place to hide him, not that he would have wanted her help to begin with.

With an exasperated sigh, Lea tossed her small satchel off to the side and seated herself beneath a large tree. She had to first try and come up with a reasonable explanation for what was happening, one that didn't necessarily point her out to be the cause of it all. The elder's probably won't even listen. She buried her head in her hands. They'll probably even revoke my title as a priestess, not that I mind. I don't think I deserve such a title after this mess.

But as Lea remained beneath the tree, the elder's of the tribe emerged, one by one, into the clearing, surrounded by villagers. They didn't notice Lea at first. They were more interested in the sudden appearance of the temple. The whole thing was leaning off to one side, threatening to topple over given the slightest touch. They were unaware of the demons presence at that moment, their eyes instead turning to Lea.

One of the elder's stepped forward and cleared his throat, his face contorted with displeasure. "Lea, is there something you want to tell us?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Yugo
Admin
Admin
Yugo

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:48 am

"Ouch...." Ryuu mumbled with a pout. He had literally fallen flat on his face so his pride wasn't the only thing that was hurting. To make things even worse, she was taunting him! "Hell no! I wont be made fun of by some puny mortal!!!" Ryuu cursed mentally and shot up to his feet. "My wrath knows no bounds! Die human!!" Ryuu roared and began to summon up the same wicked amount of malice only to fall down...and land on his face again. "Why me? I finally get free...and this happens..." Ryuu muttered while his face was still pressed into the wood. If this was the humans idea of a joke he wasn't laughing. No, he actually felt like crying a little, but would never do so in front of a human.

Ryuu took in a sharp breath of air. He was more or less defenseless and he knew it. However, he couldn't allow to priestess to know that. The dragon sat up with an air of royalty around him. His emerald eyes took in Lea's face before slowly shifting every single inch of her body. He stared hard at her for what seemed like hours before he finally spoke. "What an ugly human you are." he replied and shifted his gaze away from her, as if her very presence disturbed him.

"The other priestess were at least attractive. You're so plain looking though. Not to mention your hair smells like dirty shocks. Seriously...what kind of hell is this? I'm finally released and YOU'RE the first woman I have to see? I'm so disappointed..." Ryuu pouted. Luck just wasn't on his side today. Though, now that he thought about it, he wondered how exactly he had been set free. Had the girl just screwed up the spell? That had to be it. He turned his body back around taking in another look at the girl. The more he looked her over though the more angry he became for some reason. "Yes. I am the demon of legend. I am the dragon that has been sealed inside this temple since before you could poop. The honor is all yours I'm sure." he huffed and crossed his muscled overs over his firmly toned chest. "You may bow before me, but I'm still going to eat you. Tho...if you beg just enough I may consider swallowing you whole. I'm not a monster after all. I do have some notion of decency."
Back to top Go down
Barcell

Barcell

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:01 am

Lea's heart pounded louder with each creak; her cheeks burning red from rushing blood. She stared out in front of her, those glowing green hues a beacon of danger. Of all the priestesses this could have happened to, it had to of been her, the most inexperienced one of all. Why had the elder's elected her to begin with? It was a question that repeatedly ran through her mind, blanking out any rational thought that could possibly save her life in that very moment.

"S-Stay away!" she croaked. The piece of wood she held tightly began to dig into her skin, her fingertips growing numb. The temple walls shook, bits of rumble collapsing around them, yet her attention focused in on the soft light emitting around him. Just what kind of demon is he? Scooting off to the side, the assessed her options quickly, seeing only one chance to make a run for the exit and--

Lea blinked, her fear subsiding briefly as the man before her, so powerful, suddenly collapsed. She laughed nervously, her left eye twitching slightly. Did he really just...? Releasing the piece of wood, Lea moved forward, daring herself to stand, despite the shakiness in her legs. "Are you...okay...?" Seeing the man lying before her, appearing so docile made her laugh suddenly, nervous yet amused. "I guess your wrath will have to wait, then," she chimed softly. It was absurd to be laughing at a time like this, but something about the irony of releasing a demon, only for him to suddenly collapse seemed so...unusual.

She bit her lip softly, looking away toward the temples entrance. Now was the perfect time to escape, so why was she so equipped to remain in the line of danger? After a long moment, Lea finally returned her gaze to the spot the demon fell and spoke. "Were you locked away inside this temple all this time?"

OOC: Yes, I'm okay with mature role plays (: No worries there
Back to top Go down
Yugo
Admin
Admin
Yugo

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 am

The room was dark yet again. Ryuu's eyes were able to readjust but his blood continued to boil. He could smell her, even taste her. She hadn't ran away like a normal mortal. No, she had dared to challenge his authority just like everyone of her predecessors had. Unlike her, Ryuu could see perfectly in the dark. He watched as she cringed among the darkness trying to find her broken lamp.

"Lying wench..." The dragon hissed with a tone filled to the brim with venom. They all lied. It was human nature and she was no different. How long had been trapped under that damn statue? It must have been for centuries if he couldn't even remember why. Suddenly, a wide malicious grin spread across Ryuu's lips. He heard her question and cocked his head back releasing a long dark laugh. "You really are young aren't you?" he chuckled darkly. The only part of his body she'd be able to see were his green eyes which had a green jade like glow around them. "Fear." he answered and stepped forward. The shifting of his body weight caused several wooden boards under his feet to creek. "It is truly lovely. Finally, they've sent some half wit into my domain. Finally they've given me a sacrifice that I can work with." Ryuu stated with a wide grin.

His body continued forward and the creeks underneath his feet became louder and louder. He was getting closer, and by the sounds of his footsteps had no intention on stopping. From among the darkness a wicked aura of black fire stretched out around his body giving off only a little light. The dragon's malice was at its very peek! He took a knee, examining Lea's face. She looked allot like....someone....who he couldn't remember. There was no mistake tho. He had seen this face before. He reached out caressing her cheek and gently sliding his finger tips over her the flesh of her neck.

"You'll be the first." he grinned and stood back up. "Your entire kind shall know my wrath!!!!" the dragon roared. He cocked his head back and releasing a thunder roar that would be heard for miles and miles. The foundation of the temple itself was threatening to be ripped apart under the massive amounts of demonic energy Ryuu was releasing. Suddenly, his silver toned hair began to grow longer. His emerald shaded hues turned blood and his fang grew longer. He was trying to transform, to unleash his true self! However, just as soon as all of that pent up power came shooting over his body it faded and the dragon fell flat on his face...

ooc: btw, are you ok with mature rps? Let me know if I need to watch the language, violence, or whatever else.
Back to top Go down
Barcell

Barcell

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:16 pm

With a startled yelp, Lea dropped the oil lamp and backed away until her back was pressed firmly against the wall. Her eyes blinked back the assault of darkness that once again consumed the temple, and a new fear gripped her: she couldn't see him.

Where is he? she thought in panic. She crouched her body low, reaching out a hand to blindly search the darkness for the oil lamp. "I'm not here to hurt you," she assured shakily, yet she couldn't account for his intentions. He appeared just as confused as her, a startling detail Lea had noted. Where did he come from when there was only one entrance to the temple and she was standing in front of it? She thought back to the stone that fell from the ceiling and swallowed hard. It was possible he had been inside the temple the entire time, soon before she even showed up.

Her hand wandered over the soil, a grimace claiming her expression when her fingers met a wet substance. The lamp had broken and the oil inside had spilled out. It was useless now. Her only option was to attempt a spell, yet the more she mulled the thought over, the more terrified she became. She was a priestess in training still. The protection ceremony was to be her first spell performed all on her own, without anyone else's guidance. To attempt a spell on her own now in such a state of fear could prove dangerous to both herself and the stranger before her.

She reached around the oily surface, locating a jagged piece of wood and gripped it tightly. "Are you...a demon?" she asked daringly. Perhaps the stories were true, after all.
Back to top Go down
Yugo
Admin
Admin
Yugo

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For centuries, the foolish mortals of the Ainu Tribe had lived within a state of fear. They had claimed to seek balance within nature, but failed to realize their own place as humans. What rights did they have to hunt the ancient lands which had existed long before man began to walk? What claim could they have possibly had that gave them to right invoke their magics and ceremonies on sacred ground? The land rightfully belonged to the creatures of nature, the forces which had been charged with it's protection. At one point the humans might have understood this, but as time passed and memories faded such knowledge was forgotten. Mankind had ironically forgotten that their masters, demons of the dragon race, were the one's who had blessed them with the abilities to learn, adapt, and survive.

---

So much time had passed since Ryuu had been sealed. His body consisted of nothing more then a bunch of old bones which lied buried under the statue that stood in the center of the abandoned temple. Though his body had been torn apart by magic, his mind was very much active. Every ten years his spite washed over the lands like a violent tsunami. Though his anger never dulled eventually his memories began to fade as well. As the years passed over, over, and over again the dragon soon only had his anger to hold onto. He had forgotten why he was so furious...or why he had been sealed away in the first place.

Once again the seasons changed and Ryuu's spite consumed the lands. Once again the humans would send a priestess to seal his powers and keep him locked away. No! Enough was enough! For too long he had been locked up and sealed away. It was time for him to gain his freedom. How'd he do that though the dragon wasn't sure. Maybe he could scare the daylights out of her. The moment the girl entered Ryuu's eyes locked onto her. She was young, younger then the others. He could smell the fear leaking from her body. This was his chance! Ryuu immediately set to work. He pumped the temple to the rim with pure malice. He was even able control that twisted malice and use it to make a stone fall from the ceiling. He had been aiming for her head, but unfortunately had missed. "Damnit!!" he swore. Nothing ever seemed to go right when it came to dealing with mortals.

Suddenly, Ryuu felt his spirit being manipulated. It was as if it were being pushed, pulled, and turned in every direction. He hadn't felt such a painful sensation like this since he...had been sealed. That much he remembered, clearly. "I can feel it..." he thought to himself. Somehow, his mind was no longer separated from his body. His sense of touch had returned. He ran his fingers up along his body and over ends of his hair. It had grown long, much longer then he remembered it being. "W-What is this...?" the dragon muttered just before the light from Lea's lamp hit his face. The dragon's emerald green eyes widened. Without a moment of hesitation he lashed out, hissing like like a snake who that was ready to strike...

ooc: hope that was ok
Back to top Go down
Barcell

Barcell

PostSubject: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For centuries, the Ainu Tribe protected the forest lands using rituals and prayer to bestow their blessing upon their people and to quell Mother Nature's harsher side. They used their extraordinary gifts to bring a plentiful bought of crops, to make peace with the animals they hunted, and to protect themselves from others who would bring danger.

The monks of the tribe often told of peaceful days, their lips upturning into a smile as they remembered better times. But their stories never remained as such. The monks told of a powerful demon that ravaged the tribe, seeking something, yet they never knew what exactly. The stories they told were once considered legends, yet throughout the ages the details changed and portions of the truth became lost in time, reverting them into simple tales meant to warn younger generations of the dangers that lurk in the world.

It was said the demon was brought down by the mighty blow of a spear, his body left to Mother Nature in a temple located on the very edge of the Ainu Tribe. From that point on, the temple became forbidden, believed to house dark energy because of the demon. Fear grew into panic, and The High Council of the tribe began to elect a priestess every ten years to perform a ceremony said to suppress the demon's dark energy and protect them for another ten years. If it was correctly done. The details of the legend remain entirely lost, leaving only a shadow for the Ainu Tribe to follow. It didn't matter to the Ainu people, so long as the demon never resurfaced, they believed they were safe from harm. But were they?

- - - - -

Amalea stood at the mouth of the Demon's Temple, her breath caught in the back of her throat. Growing up, she had been told of the demon whose body was left inside, how his presence still lingers, emerging every ten years to strike revenge...unless his power was sealed by a powerful priestess. To Lea, it all sounded like chasing fairytales. Even if a demon truly had come to their tribe in the past, how did they know he was evil if so many details of the original story had been lost?

She frowned and turned away from the temple, a pang of guilt swelling inside her. She hated to doubt her elders, but it all seemed like a tradition meant for the old ages. They were approaching a new era and the Ainu people were still living in the past, holding onto the belief that evil would come after them every ten years. Unfortunately for her, she had been chosen at birth to train as a priestess...and was chosen to perform the ceremony.

It was forbidden for anyone to be near the temple when the chosen priestess enters, or to witness the magnificent ceremony about to be performed. It made Lea's stomach feel hollow to know she was going in alone to a place that hadn't been entered for ten years. Not since the last priestess who had performed the ceremony. What if I fail? she thought glumly. Even though she had her reservations about the legitimacy of the legends, she still felt entitled to believe for the sake of her people, which brought on a whole new fear. If I don't really believe in the legend, then how am I supposed to perform such an important ceremony? She forced the thought aside. Now isn't the time to doubt yourself, Lea! Just move forward, one step at a time.

With her eyes closed, Lea managed to reach the Demon Temples entrance without allowing nausea to take hold. Her hands began to shake the further she went, until finally she opened her eyes to total darkness. She was completely inside. Fumbling around, she lit the small oil lamp given to her by one of the elders and held it up to get a better look at her surroundings. Several of the pillars holding the temple up were damaged or broken, lying in piles along the floor. She had to hold the lamp close to the ground to maneuver through the rubble to the next room, where she stopped dead in the doorway. There was a large statue of a woman in the center of the room, her face soft and serene, like a goddesses. No one had ever mentioned the statue before. Details of what lurked inside the temple were to be known only by the priestesses who entered.

But it wasn't just the statue that irked Lea. As she entered the room, a strange feeling came over her, as though someone were watching her. She swung the lamp around, lighting the darkest corners of the room, but saw nothing. Stop overacting, she pleaded shakily with herself. Slowly, she approached the statue and set the lamp down at her feet before swinging a small leather satchel over her head. Inside the satchel was a small clay bowl filled with colored sand and a few sticks of precious incense, which she hurriedly lit. The smoke from the small sticks rose into the air, coiling like a sinister presence. Lea swallowed hard and took out another small bowl and a tiny blade. She set the bowl beside the lamp and closed her eyes, bringing the small blade to her fingertip, pricking it quickly while managing to suppress a yelp. She opened her eyes and watched as her blood slowly dripped into the empty bowl.

She knelt down and folded her hands together, bowing her head respectfully. She was to pray until the incense burned no more and they she was to bury the bowl with her blood so that it may mix with the soil within the temple.

"Great demon whose presence still dwells...you shalt not emerge and bend darkness to your will...to create--" Lea paused. Her back went rigid as a small stone fell from the ceiling. Her breathing became labored and slowly she turned to look behind her. A tiny orb of light, about the size of a candles flame, floated near the entrance. It playfully bounced around, as if beckoning Lea to follow it, but she found herself unable to move. The orb came closer, its movements more hostile now, whipping around as if being tossed. Finally, it disappeared and Lea relaxed...until the light returned, its glow magnified. Shielding her eyes, Lea reached around her, searching for any kind of weapon as the light grew brighter until its light consumed everything.

Lea was thrown into the statue, a sharp pain emitting from her back, yet she couldn't move. It was as though the light had completely paralyzed her. What's happening?! It's so...strong! Is this supposed to happen? The light didn't feel friendly by all means. In fact, the longer it pushed against Lea, the more a strange sensation filled her, as though her hands and legs were being prickled by tiny needles. It didn't hurt, just made her body tingle from head to toe.

But as quickly as the light had appeared, it vanished, and Lea collapsed against the statue. She blinked several times, trying to allow her sight to adjust to the darkness again. The light on her oil lamp had been extinguished, so reaching for a match tucked in her sash, she relit it and held it out in front of her, searching the darkness until...

Gasping, Lea pushed herself backwards. The lamp became shaky in her hands as her eyes stared in disbelief at a man standing, confused, before her.

- - - - -

OOC: Private, for Yugo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Priestess & The Demon   The Priestess & The Demon Empty

Back to top Go down

The Priestess & The Demon
Page 1 of 1